In case you are in need of a reminder, here is a list of “festivals”* I will not be celebrating this year or any other year:
- New Year ****
- Trooping the Colour
- Cup Final Day
- The excoriation of St Oswald the Perverse
- Garifuna Settlement Day
- Valentine’s Day
- The birthday of the poet Keats
- Vientianne boat race day
- (that's enough festivals. Ed.)
Here is a list of festivals I will be doing my best to celebrate (and I am doing quite well at the moment in this venture, thank you very much for asking):
- Every day, and its ability to be filled with love, joy and laughter.
Love and peace.
* i.e. Bloody silly traditions
** Am I thankful? You bet your butt.
*** It is almost December and I haven’t started work on my card yet, so am in a state of abject panic.
**** Yes, there is only one of them, you silly Americans.