Friday, November 29, 2013

You have been advised.

In case you are in need of a reminder, here is a list of “festivals”* I will not be celebrating this year or any other year:

  • Thanksgiving**
  • Hanukkah
  • Christmas***
  • New Year ****
  • Eid
  • Diwali
  • Vaisakhi
  • Navnatri
  • Easter
  • Whitsuntide
  • Trooping the Colour
  • Cup Final Day
  • The excoriation of St Oswald the Perverse
  • Hallowe’en
  • Garifuna Settlement Day
  • Valentine’s Day
  • The birthday of the poet Keats
  • Vientianne boat race day
  • (that's enough festivals. Ed.)

Here is a list of festivals I will be doing my best to celebrate (and I am doing quite well at the moment in this venture, thank you very much for asking):

  • Every day, and its ability to be filled with love, joy and laughter. 

Love and peace.

* i.e. Bloody silly traditions
** Am I thankful? You bet your butt.
*** It is almost December and I haven’t started work on my card yet, so am in a state of abject panic.
**** Yes, there is only one of them, you silly Americans.


Richard said...

I'll get in quick...

Happy Birthday

Vicus Scurra said...

You can get out quick, too.

Vicus Scurra said...

Although "quickly" would have been more satisfying.

Anonymous said...

I bow to your experience/

Rosemarie Blackthorn said...

Good plan! I like your style!


Katy Anders said...

Spoil sport.

Z said...

That's wonderful, dear heart. I so enjoy your positive attitude. Have a wonderful week.

The Chicken's Consigliere said...

It's your birthday?:-) Thank you for visiting CC. I kind of like Hallowe'en.

Vicus Scurra said...

Thank you all for your input.
And welcome to Ms Consigliere, a fitting addition to the band of readers here.

broken biro said...

I was going to slope off thinking 'bah humbug!' until I got to the bottom of your list and saw the 'every day' one. Now I want to hug you. Don't worry - I'm sure the feeling will pass!

Adam said...

So you'll be celebrating American Samoa Flag Day, then? Who doesn't enjoy a good fautasi race now and again?