Tuesday, May 17, 2005

File this entry under "Asking for trouble"

An erudite and very good friend of mine, who I will not identify lest it harm her chances of becoming a parent governor at her son's school in Haslemere, sent me a brief book review containing the phrase "I laughed my tits off".
Inevitably, this has had an unsettling effect upon me, and has resulted in images that, on the whole, I could better do without populating my consciousness.
Could any of my readers (a Mrs Titless of North Wales) help to suggest other images which might help to banish these particular ones to some less visited corner of my brain?

10 comments:

Colin Davey said...

Gyles Brandreth. Noel Edmonds. Feague.

*rests*

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know one, but it may make you want to rip your eyeballs out of your head and stomp on them...

/which is a pretty disturbing mental image already, but nowhere near as bad as this one. *Shudders*

Mad Dog said...

But then laughing one's head off is also bothersome...

Some individauls know talk about "laughing their arse off" which I think is marginally worse than tits.

Anonymous said...

I always find keeping my eyes skinned particularly tiresome.

broomhilda said...

Busting a gut?

Willie Lupin said...

None of the expresions about laughter are very edifying.
Some people laugh like a drain. Others piss themselves laughing. One hopes they're standing over a drain at the time.
Laughter is, of course, intolerably vulgar which is why I never do more than let a smile play about my lips.

zoe said...

mr P, you told gordon to 'bugger off' today. that's ever so rude.

Vicus Scurra said...

He started it - he was rude about George.

Anonymous said...

Keep your eyes peeled

Unknown said...

"O come, all ye faithful".
That would have made the Papal Conclave more interesting...