Monday, May 09, 2005

I guess I won't be seeing her again.

This week's lesson in etiquette comes from my chat with Naomi, who I met for the first time this weekend.
For some reason we were discussing Coronation Street, and I quoted my favourite line, circa 1966
"She were that bandy legged, she couldn't stop a pig in an entry".
Naomi: "And I bet you haven't had much occasion to use that line, have you?"
Me: "No, not till I met you".

Friends wanted. Low expectations an advantage. Apply Scurra House, Kingsley.

1 comment:

kevin b said...

Women, eh, Fawltey? Can't live with them, can't shoot them. -Joke!!

You have my sympathy (and a cup of tea, there you go, old chap).

You're there dazzling her with your wit and then you you can't resist the Gag Too Far. Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.

I rather like Jack Dee's line to strangers (who are Friends You Just Haven't Met Before): "Er, don't go yet".

Which reminds me of my favourite line, by an Irish comedian whose name esapes me(hangdog expression & moustache, played Fr Stone in Entertaining Fr Stone in 'Father Ted', you know):

- People often come up to me and say, "What are you doing in my garden?"