Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ronnie and Mildred

After a somewhat tiring journey into London today – and Boris has made bugger all difference – I was delighted to return to a nice present from my dear friends, Mr and Mrs Ginn. It was a copy of their delightful book based upon their blog, describing their trip around the world, which I have told you about before (pay attention at the back, that boy, and put that away). To read the blog, I think that you have to be a member of myspace. You certainly do have to belong in order to comment. I realise that the majority of the readers (aMToNW) are too sophisticated for that particular network, but the Ginns have some nice stories to tell.

Anyway, in short, they spent several months circumnavigating the world, sponging off of some of the world’s poorest communities, taking unsavoury diseases to new places, gate-crashing some private functions and setting back international relations by several millennia. They have, wisely, chosen to include the comments made by those caring individuals, such as Tom, Donn and a Mr Scurra of North East Hampshire, to help them through the most trying times.

None of you (apart from Tom who shares my woeful lack of discrimination when it comes to selecting friends) will be able to read it and see the lovely pictures, because it is not for sale.

So many of you seem to be in print, that I feel strangely moved to produce a book of my own. But I won’t, being bone idle.

10 comments:

Dave said...

Perhaps I could write a book, based on the several thousand comments made at my place whilst i was away.

I, Like The View said...

oh, go on

Zig said...

but Vicus, what would your book be about?

Vicus Scurra said...

Dave. Thank you for championing the cause of quantity over quality. It is nice that the underdog has a supporter.
Ziggi - 120 pages and £275 per copy.

Unknown said...

I'd buy your book,Vicus.

I, Like The View said...

I could print it and bind it for you, by hand, if you'll only be needing the one copy. . .

;-)

Leni Qinan said...

I'd buy it too, if they sold it overseas!

Betty said...

You could employ a ghost writer and use Lulu (the publishing company rather than the fiery Scottish soul belter).

I, Like The View said...

(cheaper by the dozen, as the old saying goes)

dinahmow said...

If you wanted to include recipes you could try www.irondeficientchef.com/
(And I hope Dave noted that I was not one of 'em!)