Wednesday, November 07, 2007

What a wonderful day for ...

I would just like to say how tickled I am, under the circumstances - have you ever been tickled under the circumstances missus? - to celebrate the 80th birthday of Ken Dodd. Those of you who have not heard of him will not find much on the internet to indicate just how funny he is. A master of his craft.

(Anyone posting negative comments will be countered with "He's funnier than you, fuckwit" - you have been warned).

And any pedantic git noting that I posted this about 45 minutes before his birthday can sod off as well.

Here's looking forward to the next 80 years.

8 comments:

Richard said...

It will, I'm sure, be a tattifilarious day.

Richard said...

And I believe 80 years is actually the length of his next show.

Steve said...

Kenny Dodd and the Diddy Men......
Ahhhhh what memories......and from way out here too!
Bugga!

Dave said...

My cousin was a Diddy Man in his stage show in Scarborough - I can remember going to see the show as a child. Glad to learn he's 80, otherwise I might believe I'm younger than I am.

KAZ said...

He's funnier than you fuckwit!

Barry Lawrence said...

The man is a genius! A legend. I've been to see him here about five times now. How about this for an opening line: "Wolverhampton!! What a wonderful town!! Wolverhampton hasn't got a twin town, you know? No, it's just got a suicide pact with Grimsby!"
Tatty bye, tatty bye!!!

Vicus Scurra said...

Positively Pitheresque.
Thank you, Reg.

Geoff said...

Linda Smith got all that acclaim for the suicide pact joke and now I find out it's Doddy's!