Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Democracy in action

I was delighted this morning to find a little email from the American President waiting for me!

His name is Adam. (No, silly, not that Adam. Or that one).

He writes:
It is my distinct pleasure, as the president of Americans for Limited Government, to invite you today to become a key member of the exciting new conservative “bloggers central,” NetRightNation.com.

I did not hesitate in responding.

Adam! you old goat.
Thanks for the invitation.
Nothing would give me more pleasure to have access to a list of conservative bloggers, so that I could abuse each one of them personally, although I doubt whether time would allow.
I like the idea of limited government! I take it to mean government by someone so limited that he would not have the capacity to think and shit at the same time. George W. Bush's name springs to mind.
Let's all hope that your little campaign has as much success as he did in impressing the world about the worthiness of the conservative cause.
Scurra. Keeping the red flag flying.

13 comments:

Richard said...

You sully the name and reputation of goats by allying them with the conservative agenda.

Dave said...

You just wait until Boris becomes Head of State. He's keeping a list, you know.

I, Like The View said...

I deleted and blocked that email without replying

thank you for replying so eloquently (not that I'd expect anything less) (or more, for that matter) on behalf of many of us

Vicus Scurra said...

Richard. But surely Adam may have some redeeming features? His mother probably loved him.
Dave. I have no fears of Boris. He is too dumb to remember where he kept his list, and like most tories, doesn't care what other people think.
ILTV. You are welcome. Please pass any correspondence that requires similar replies to me. I am disappointed, though, that I was not Adam's first choice.

Richard said...

I had a goat once, called Humphrey. I gave him a conservative agenda just to see what he'd do with it. He ate it.

If Boris has lost his list he'll just nick a new one.

Romeo Morningwood said...

I got one too! It would be awesome to inundate those twats with lefty rhetoric and goodwill.

George "Life ain't nuthin' but a funny-funny riddle" Bush was quoted yesterday saying that he really enjoyed his time in the whorehouse..
I mean White House..
but that he deeply regrets not finding the weapons of mass destruction in Iraqistan, Amelia Earhart's plane, the Lindbergh Baby, Noah's Ark, more blue smarties, and Angie Dickinson's phone number in JFK's secret diary.

On the other hand he did find one of Maggie Thatcher's contraceptive diaphragms in Ronny Raygun's old desk..it was in a Top Secret file labelled IRAM-CONTRA

Richard said...

Thanks Donn. I'm going to go and be just a little sick.

Unknown said...

Donn, I think you're confused. It was the whorehouse when Clinton was prez.

You're welcome.

tom909 said...

Wouldn't it be nice if they would admit they got it wrong. Killing loads of innocent people because god told them to, and completely screwing the world economy because of greed - I'm amazed anyone can still even think it's the right way to go.

patroclus said...

Seriously, Adam must have trawled the entire blogosphere for email addresses - I had two from him, one for each of my blogs.

Vicus Scurra said...

Patroclus, I care not what you say, I am very special.

Anonymous said...

About 40 years ago (kiddies, use Goole)there was an expression: "Sock it to me!"

I venture to suggest that the good Mr. Scurra use this phrase when replying to such amails.

(Not a hint of the radish in W V today: it's coutter.)

Kindness said...

Vicus 1, Adam 0.

Good job!