Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Apologies

I wasn't going to mention it, but when I read at the Beeb that "the prince and Mrs Parker Bowles wanted to keep the occasion low key", I feel impelled to comment.
I will be helping them to fulfill this desire by not attending. This will disappoint my readers (a Mrs Trellis of North Wales), who look to me for an unbiased and yet personal account of these occasions. But Charles was quite clear on the telephone this morning, and reading between the lines, I think that he fears that my continued presence in these circles threatens his position as future King. He need not worry, I will continue to turn down the opportunities to be head of state, no matter how emotional is the plea. These people should know by now, and it really does get quite tiresome.
To get back to the quote, take a tip from Charlie Windsor, if you want to keep an event low key, just make sure that all arms of the media mention that fact, and thus it is achieved.

5 comments:

broomhilda said...

Vicus, I had every intention of taking you to task for this...disapointment. It was not easy to dye my gown and gloves the right shade of olive drab to match the hip-waders. Polishing my tiara was a chore and hot gluing a thousand fucking rhinestones onto the afore mentioned hip-waders was a nightmare. All in preparation for your report on the nupituals. I however, expect my efforts to not be wasted. Gary Oldman will most likely be asking me to accompany him to the Academy Awards again. I shall probably accept his invitation this time and wear the outfit then.

Anonymous said...

Broomhilda, you won't be needing the anti-BS waders at the Oscars, as Miachel Moore will not be speaking this year.

Mark Gamon said...

You've decided not to go? I'm still waiting for my invite, dammit. The Bechstein and I will be crossing the Windsors off our Christmas list toot sweet this year, that's for sure...

Anonymous said...

Here in the states low key means BBQ ribs, a keg of beer and hay rides for the guests. Do you think this is what they have in mind?

Vicus Scurra said...

I am currently rather busy, Sheryl, beseiged on all sides by requests for help in organising the wedding. These people are so incompetent. I have inside information on the specifics of the post-ceremony celebrations, and may be able to reveal it here later.
You may well be surprised.