Sunday, May 14, 2006

I am obliged to my friends at the online edition of the Boston Globe for the following headline:

Thousands of Indonesians flee volcano spewing ash and rock

The first recorded instance of volcanicity being contagious

I trust that you are all well out there. I hope none of you have been suffering from geological symptoms. I hope that that crack is simply the one normally found at the base of the spine, and not the result of an earth tremor. I trust that the excessive nature of the passing of waste liquid is the result of over indulgence in Wincarnis, and not evidence that you have been infected by geyser activity.

11 comments:

Martha Craig said...

For some reason I imagine the spewing Indonesians as little orange Oompa-loompas.

Mind you, I'm on crack.

Vicus Scurra said...

Move away from that crack! It might be an earth movement.

Dodderyoldfart said...

Earth Movements indeed.

"Miners tale from bowels of the earth" (Aust)

"... official order to evacuate" (Indonesia)

Vicus Scurra said...

Welcome DOF.
Although your sobriquet hardly makes you unique here.

Geoff said...

No comment yet from the hot larva you usually get on here?

zoe said...

you are such a sensitive and kind man, vicus. how thoughtful of you.

Vicus Scurra said...

Yes Zoe, you are so right - and I am unappreciated.

Cherrypie said...

Oh, God! I only went for a little jog. I had to start my fitness training somewhere but I never meant THAT to happen! Those poor unsuspecting Indonesians. They could have been bounced off the planet if I hadn't been wearing a sports bra. It will NEVER EVER happen again, Mr Scurra.

Geoff said...

Lava.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't going to mention it Geoff. I thought that was just your accent.

Unknown said...

I've spewed things before, but it never made the headlines.