Sunday, May 16, 2010

George's new job - Part 4


George was very pleased to have an important job with a very important title, but he did not really know what a Chancellor was, or was supposed to do.

He asked his friend Oliver Letwin about Chancellors, even though he knew that Ollie liked to pull George’s leg. “Well, Osborne, you dozy pillock, Hitler was the most famous Chancellor, probably.”

George knew about Hitler, because he had read history at Oxford. “Oh dear, Ollie,” he moaned, “does that mean I shall have to invade Poland?, Only we usually go to Barbados for the summer.”

“You oaf, Osborne, of course you don’t, get one of your new friends to do it for you – ask Vince to draw up the plans.”

George asked Vince, and was pleased to learn that Vince could already speak Polish – at least he guessed that “ferfucksake yertwattywassock” was Polish.

9 comments:

Dave said...

Will he get the trains running on time?

Vicus Scurra said...

You silly boy, he doesn't have to, does he, because his friend Dave has given him a new car and driver? Try to keep up.

Paff Rine said...

I love these tales Vicus, quite frightening but so funny!

Vicus Scurra said...

Thank you, Mrs R.

bruiser and bowie said...

you and jon stewart. love to get you two in a room together.

I, Like The View said...

it's so reassuring to know that everything is under control, isn't it

(or did you prefer it during the Clustershag To 10 Downing Street phase?)

Vicus Scurra said...

Anna. Not completely sure who Jon Stewart is, nor what you expect that he and I would do in a room together, and whether you would be with us. I guess I am just not getting the hang of this whole lesbian thing.
ILTV. Again, I have to confess ignorance. Not sure what a clustershag is, and I don't think I need to know either.
This is all getting quite bewildering.

I, Like The View said...

you don't watch The Daily Show with Jon Stewart then?

Vicus Scurra said...

ILTV - I am just pulling Anna's leg. Please don't tell her. The other day I got her to explain a very naughty word to me. There are so few pleasures left at my age.