Sunday, May 30, 2010

Evil infectious moronic megadeath

I am aware that my current keen interest in matters political might be a tad wearisome to some of my readers (aMToNW), so I thought I would focus upon matters religious and philosophical, and in so doing, piss off the rest.

On this week’s News Quiz on the electric radio, the subject of Michael Gove came up, and there was some banter about whether this was an argument against intelligent design, to which that nice Jeremy Hardy pointed out that it didn’t really support the argument for evolution much either.

Here is a picture of Michael Gove.



He is the minister for Education. I am assured that this appointment was made with no ironic intention.

It is cruel, childish and anti-libertarian to judge people on their appearance. Please do not do this. Listen to him speak, or read his works (the first government papers to be written in crayon) before you decide that he is a prize plonker of the first order.

Now, what say you, you promoters of the notion that the Creator has made man in his own image; that we are the result of painstaking research and development in the kingdom of heaven? That God, having created Michael Gove, gave himself a pat on the back (He can do this, because he is God) and took a day off. Did the Almighty, when showing his friends what he had made, pause for a long period when he came to the Gove Room, and stand back with a particularly smug smile?

Or, you heathen followers of Dawkins, is this what natural selection has given us? Is this the result of 13 or more billion years of adapting to the environment?

I think you can see that there is a third way. Let’s call it Govism. The first tenet of this new and proud religion/cult/philosophy is that the God who created all was not driven by concerns of intelligence, but rather by the intention of having a bloody good laugh, with a touch of vindictiveness to give it some edge.

17 comments:

Dave said...

God certainly has a sense of humour.

The fact that your blog's wv for today is pilock demonstrates this.

Christopher said...

In the light of this invective, worthy of John Wilkes, I'm considering the possibility that in our over-anthropocentric way we think of Mr Gove (past tense, incidentally, of OE gave, to stuff) as the adult, the end and mature product of the cycle, when the true adult, carrier of everything necessary for continuity and survival, is in fact the (ovum and) spermatozoon, a possibility once explored superficially by Woody Allen. Unaccountably your illustration failed to show whether Mr Gove has a thrashing tail.

Vicus Scurra said...

Dave. I see no evidence of this. He has never posted a joke in my comment box.
Christopher. I am truly delighted.
1) Was not Mr Wilkes noted for his less than pleasing visage? I am sure I do not share this characteristic.
2) I was wondering what to say about Gove and give, but you have provided the perfect answer to that dilemma.
3) I doubt whether he has a tail, and suspect that his arse looks just like his face, perhaps a little less shocking.

GOD said...

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vicus Scurra said...

I know that I did not specify what kind of joke, but if that is the best you can do, given that you have had infinity to think it up, you can sod off. I am looking forward to spending time with old Lucifer. He told me a cracker about a ballet dancer, a tube of superglue and a walrus.

I, Like The View said...

Vicus I think your third point in response to Christopher sums it all up for me

"arse about face", I mean

I, Like The View said...

(is being beaten with experience anything like a good thrashing with some birch?)

Vicus Scurra said...

ILTV. Pls to not encourage violence on this blog.

Lin said...

I wish you hadn't posted his picture. I can't get it out of my head...the worst possible kind of skull cinema. Thanks, VS.

Vicus Scurra said...

Lin! I, too, long for the return of Leon Brittan.

Vicus Scurra said...

Disappointed not to have any comments about the title of this post, are you all paying attention?

Tim F said...

If Gove and Osborne were to have a fight to the death, could I get the popcorn concession?

The Mistress said...

Disappointed not to have any comments about the title of this post, are you all paying attention?

No. I like to get right to the meat.

Richard said...

This man's face has been annoying me. I, of course, am too young but I'm absolutely certain you will remember this thing.

Dave said...

I am back now. You may start blogging again.

BMX photo said...

I hope you gain success all the time!

warm greeting 0_0

Adam said...

All I can get from the title of the post is that you are certainly not a fan of a certain 80s thrash metal band.