Tuesday, May 18, 2010

George's new job - Part 6

George had a telephone call from a man called Mervyn King, who said that he was governor of the Bank of England.

George was very surprised, because his own bank manager was very difficult to get hold of, despite George having lots of advice for him. George’s bank manager had been in a meeting for ever such a long time, and George couldn’t help but think that he must have needed a wee by now.

Anyway, Mr King was very nice to George and said that he was looking forward to working with him. This stumped George a bit, because nobody had told him that he would be working with Mr King.

“You know what, Mr King, I’ve always thought it would be a good idea to have your photograph on cheques.”

Mr King didn’t say anything

“And what would be really fantastic would be to have a different photograph on each cheque, so that when you flicked through the book it looked as if you were moving. Do you think we could implement that? I think it would make people think I was very clever to have thought of it”.

Mr King didn’t say anything.

“Shall I send Mr Cable round to see you to sort it out?”

“It’s Dr Cable actually, although I’m not surprised he doesn’t use the title, it makes him sound like a third rate television installer from Berkhamsted.”

George hadn’t known that his new friend Vince was a doctor. George telephoned Vince and told him that he was very worried about a rash on his bottom, and would Vince mind having a look at it next time he came round.

Vince didn’t say anything.

15 comments:

Dave said...

I'm still reading.

Vicus Scurra said...

Let us know when you are finished, or if you get stuck on any of the big words.

Tim F said...

Hee hee, you said 'bottom'.

Rog said...

Working for King, hard?

Vicus Scurra said...

Tim. And "wee". This is the cutting edge of satire.
Roger. We draw the line at "bottom".

Son of Groucho said...

Tremendously valuable insight into what goes on in the corridors of power.

bruiser and bowie said...

my love for you grows

Melcw said...

I always thought Cable was able

Vicus Scurra said...

Melissa. Be careful with the wordplay, it doesn't take much to get this lot started on "invincible" and such like.
Now that you are in office, can you tell us any secrets?

Ms Scarlet said...

I'm enjoying this immensely.
Sx

Vicus Scurra said...

Scarlet. You fail to specify what it is that you are enjoying. If it is this series of insights, then I am happy to inform you that there are already 6 more scheduled to appear. If not, then I think you should let us know the source of your enjoyment, otherwise Dave will get overexcited again.

Ms Scarlet said...

I am enjoying the series of insights and look forward to a further six.
I really don't want Dave to get over excited - it'd make a terrible mess.
Sx

I, Like The View said...

oooh! ooooh! I saw your George on the televisual box last night!!

erm, he's a bit of a twit isn't he?

(ps I mentioned bottoms at Christopher's today, but I don't think he noticed)

I, Like The View said...

pps you know you like those lol things? (as in, you often say "I done a lol"). . . have you come across these ones?

Vicus Scurra said...

Thank you all.