Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Clarke free zone

I became a little bored with the tedious debate over at Bozza’s about who was going to be the runner-up leader at the next election, and scratched my head to think of a poll here that was as irrelevant to my readers (AMToNW). Then, with a leap of genius that exemplifies why so many people (AMToNW) find this site required reading, I decided to ask:

What is the most boring poll we could have here?

(Answers including Jayne Mansfield, Winston Churchill etc will be ruled out on the grounds of being too obviously derivative)

PS – Mark, Simon – you can get out now while it is dark. It is a dangerous place, you go in there, coaxed by that siren Melissa, and before you know where you are, you are engaging in debate with those who think the site is not a parody.

8 comments:

Mark Gamon said...

But that's the fun of it!

Most boring poll:

Reasons for Stevenage.

Geoff said...

North.

Mark Gamon said...

Not sure that qualifies as a reason, Geoff. Isn't North a relative concept?

Geoff said...

Stevenage North? The Travel Inn? Is that where the tories are staying to elect their leader? Is Boris going to cycle all that way? He nearly ran me over once at Trafalgar Square. He cycles like a maniac. And Jack Straw almost knocked me flying, too. He walks like the wind.

Mark Gamon said...

Hmmm. Must mean the A1. The A10 is a Roman Road, not sure about the A1.

Another reason for Stevenage:

Safe cycling.

Mark Gamon said...

Oh God. I'm an EXPERT on Stevenage. Please shoot me.

I have no idea. The Two Foxes must have been in Old Stevenage. I'm only seeking reasons for NEW Stevenage.

Vicus Scurra said...

Profuse thanks to Mark and Simon, who have found a topic even more boring than the Tory leadership debate, and moved it over here where there are far fewer readers. Even AMToNW has stopped reading. I certainly have. Give me a call when you want me to let you out of here.

Mark Gamon said...

Let me OUT??? Hell, I'm thinking of going for a pint in the Two Foxes!