Thursday, May 10, 2007

Well, you make me want to Hail Mary

I note that my friends at BBC news have reported the Pope's visit to Brazil, where Lulu is still president. Either their photography skills have deserted them, or Lulu has really let herself go. I suppose the burden of running a large country has taken its toll, but if the new pictures are anything like representative, then I no longer fancy her.
The reason for Ratty's visit is to record a duet with Lulu. Someone told him at his recent party that he should capitalise on his talent. I thought that he sounded like Neil Young. Yes, as bad as that, and with a German accent. Rumour has it that they are going to do a hip-hop (whatever that is) version of "Macarthur Park".
This is all in retaliation for the publicity about the Eurovision song contest that is prevalent on some blogs at the moment. I am not surprised, someone had to do something before more innocent people are drawn to watch and write about the rubbish. Mike catches the other bus, so has some sort of contractual obligation to watch, but Mark and Betty, you really should know better.

14 comments:

I, Like The View said...

you make me wanna SHOUT!

(but then, you knew that)

word ver: HMFOG-TLIWT-BATAW-ABISFOTWJ-HMMOG-PFUSN-AATTOUD

amen to that

have a nice day

Vicus Scurra said...

Thank you.
I think that we should revise the tradition of defining the meaning of the word verification word. As the author of this blog, I don't have to verify anything when I post here, so please excuse me if I exempt myself.

I, Like The View said...

the only reason I'm writing a follow-up is because the word ver is lucifer. . .

Vicus Scurra said...

A strange coincidence. Lulu is the nickname that we apply to old Lucifer in these parts. Contrary to his poor PR, he is a very pleasant chap who is fond of animals.

Dave said...

Vicus, did you mean revise or revive?

Vicus Scurra said...

Thanks rev. Yes I did mean revive.

Mark Gamon said...

Hip-Hop, Vicus. Sort of like Beefheart, but with a consistent rhythm. I hear it's rather good, and very popular with the younger set.

Dave said...

Oh, and Vic, I meant to say, it's good to see so much religion on your blog. Keep up the good work.

Vicus Scurra said...

A bit like skiffle then Mark.
Dave, this is a broad church, any topics that are suggested may be included in future updates.

Rol said...

I think it's hilarious that we never win because everybody in Europe hates the British... so this year, to improve our chances, we're entering a song about flying the flag, performed by four idiots dressed in union flags.

Or so I'm led to believe...

Vicus Scurra said...

No, No, No, Rol we will not turn this thread into a discussion about Eurovision. It is crap. It is without virtue. It is for the terminally dumb.
I do not know who is in it, what they are singing, what they are wearing, or which is the preferred method of execution.
Please take any discussions about it to one of the links I kindly provided, or to the website of some other poor sod.
Now then, the Pope and Lulu, is it a purely professional arrangement?

Richard said...

Just out of interest, and Mr Scurra will doubtless be overjoyed by this, if one searches google for "does the pope have a Lulu fetish" there are some inspired results.

Dave said...

I heard (but it was only a rumour, so don't tell anyone else) that Lulu is enquiring about becoming a nun.

Eurovision have a singing contest? Why have I not heard of this?

Why, come to think of it, have I not heard of Eurovision? Is it a Sky channel? Did they do It's a Knockout too?

Mark Gamon said...

Vicus knows really. He's just pretending. He's probably got the secret hots for that 'young' chanteuse (sorry, 'chanteuse') in Scooch.

Naturally, he's also pining for the demise of Euroskiffle, but then we all have our middle-aged cross to bear. I feel the same about Cat Stevens. Sorry, Yoosou... Nope. Can't spell it.